Lifestyle & Fun
Video: Sailor returning home surprises daughters
WASHINGTON (WABC) -- A Navy sailor who had been away for seven months gave his two daughters the best surprise gift ever - himself.
Jesse Chapman, stationed on the U.S.S. Stennis, wasn't supposed to come home to Port Orchard in Washington state for another nine days, but he surprised his daughters by visiting their music class.
Nine-year-old Kylie and 7-year-old Rhiannon were overjoyed to be reunited with their dad at South Colby Elementary School.
"I thought I was dreaming," one of his daughters said. "I thought we had nine more days."
The other students didn't seem to mind, even applauding the emotional reunion.
"Every day away from my family is a long wait," Chapman said. "But seven months is a long time."
The girls say they most look forward to dinner with dad, and sitting on his lap again.
lifestyle & fun
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix 24 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Snow heads into NYC after hitting southern, central NJ 6 min ago
- Is school closed or delayed? Find out fast: Here's how!
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide 7 min ago
- Yaphank church badly damaged by fire
- New York City unveils interactive map of major crimes
- Potential major advancement made in fight against leukemia
- Geno Smith leads Jets to victory over Raiders
- Video: Phil Lipof says goodbye to Eyewitness News
- Broncos' Matt Prater sets NFL record with 64-yard FG
- South Africans pray for Mandela in day of mourning
- Toms River pummeled with snow
47 min ago
- Motorists line up at gas stations, prepare...
7 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix
24 min ago
- NYC Agencies preparing for first snowfall...
19 min ago
More Lifestyle and Fun
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos