Lifestyle & Fun
Woman gets paid to cuddle with strangers
ROCHESTER (WABC) -- It's a business that takes a lot of explaining, and raises more than a few eyebrows - a New York woman is getting paid to cuddle with complete strangers.
Jackie Samuels' Rochester, New York-based business is called the "Snuggery", and for $60, she cuddles with strangers for an hour.
For $300, Samuels spends the night, and to be clear, what she's doing, she insists, is strictly cuddling, hugging and handholding. Samuel stays PG, not rated R or X.
Samuels claims her business yields tangible benefits. It has been scientifically proven that the human touch releases Oxytocin - or happiness chemicals - in our brains.
Samuels says her customers rage from 20 to 85 years old.
lifestyle & fun
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault
- Nassau County employees protest wage freeze
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Photos: Weather whiplash