Lifestyle & Fun
Woman gets paid to cuddle with strangers
ROCHESTER (WABC) -- It's a business that takes a lot of explaining, and raises more than a few eyebrows - a New York woman is getting paid to cuddle with complete strangers.
Jackie Samuels' Rochester, New York-based business is called the "Snuggery", and for $60, she cuddles with strangers for an hour.
For $300, Samuels spends the night, and to be clear, what she's doing, she insists, is strictly cuddling, hugging and handholding. Samuel stays PG, not rated R or X.
Samuels claims her business yields tangible benefits. It has been scientifically proven that the human touch releases Oxytocin - or happiness chemicals - in our brains.
Samuels says her customers rage from 20 to 85 years old.
lifestyle & fun
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead 29 min ago
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler 52 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield 2 min ago
- Nanny identifies new hero after attempted abduction in Chelsea
- Suspect questioned after body found in container 44 min ago
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Death toll in South Korea ferry tragedy reaches 58 24 min ago
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction
- Pope Francis celebrates Easter with prayers for peace 37 min ago
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
52 min ago
More Lifestyle and Fun
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos