Lifestyle & Fun
Touring around 7 blocks of Bayside, Queens
BAYSIDE, New York (WABC) -- On the Port Washington branch of the Long Island Railroad, Bayside located in the north eastern section of Queens.
Welcome to Bayside and when you step off the train, you come out on the bustling Bell Blvd, where you don't have to go far to find something you will like.
Right outside the stop is a relatively new addition to Bell Blvd, Martha's Country Bakery.
It's only been there for about four years and already being recognized for quality of its baked goods.
"I think it's a really nice place. The atmosphere is really nice. The cakes are delicious and she really likes them," said Marcela Ridzo.
Within 7 blocks of the stop you quickly realize why this part of Bayside is famous for its nightlife. Restaurants and pubs are lined up one after the other. Among the more popular gathering spots is long time favorite, Sullivan's.
Five blocks away from the station is an oasis just for the kids. Completely reconstructed in 2000, Marie Curie Park reflects several science themes and even includes a mini
Two blocks from the LIRR stop is an institution in the community since 1892. All Saints Episcopal Church was Bayside's first church and it is still thriving.
Many residents say you can't visit the area without stopping in at local favorite, the White Castles, three blocks away on Northern Blvd.
There has been a white castle restaurant of some sort at this intersection since 1932
eyewitness news at 4 p.m., seven blocks, in your neighborhood, lifestyle & fun
- Newark bus crash leaves 9 hurt, 1 critically
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Photos: Bus, taxi collide in Newark
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach
- US-India relations chilled over diplomat arrest in NYC
- Rangel expected to announce run for 23rd term 3 min ago
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- Georgia winner of Mega Millions jackpot comes forward 32 min ago
- Most Fascinating People of 2013 revealed
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013