Lifestyle & Fun
Special spa just for little girls
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A lot of little girls may wish for a spa day like mom.
There's a shop on Long Island that's now especially for them to have a little girl's day out.
The new spa has the look and feel of one an adult would go to with one big exception, there is an abundance of glitter and a whole lot of pink.
The Ritzy Glitzy Girlz Club offers everything from Jell-O manicures to ice cream pedis.
It is glamorous, but the team is focused on making the kids feel beautiful inside and out.
"Glitter is everywhere, I tell people, when you come in you may get glitterized so be prepared," said Venetta Carrawy, the owner.
Who can resist glitter, but that's just the beginning at the Ritzy Glitzy Girlz Club, a place many little ladies consider heaven on earth.
How about bubbles for your pedi? For your mani, why not some purple sparkle polish?
The glam spa, just opened a few months ago and is already a hit with kids as young as 2.
It's been the setting for countless parties. There's one package deal called the "Glamy Jamy" or you can just pop in for a single treatment.
"We have products that look and smell like ice cream and Jell-O," Carrawy said.
Venetta Carrawy came up with the idea. About five years ago she started with an on the go glam concept in a van which has now morphed into all of this.
It's where the color pink clearly rules.
"That was my main focus, like Barbie dream house, like how would Barbie like to live, she would love it here," Carrawy said.
You can make your own bubble gum lip gloss or cotton candy shimmer lotion.
The team is well aware there will be critics, but says their main goal is make these kids feel good about themselves and give them a boost of confidence.
"We just want to make sure people understand these girls who come in, put on feather boas and do the runway walk, doesn't mean we are turning them into little monsters, they can have a good time," said Shauna Miles, Ritzy Glitzy Girlz Club.
A great time was had by all.
"We have sometimes the girls that are shy and when they leave and they're excited and saying they want to come back, that's the best," Carrawy said.
The ice cream mani costs $20.
The glamy jamy party, for eight little ones, costs $450, and that includes a bunch of things like facials, manis, pedis and a photo shoot.
For more information please visit: http://www.ritzyglitzygirlzclub.com/
lifestyle & fun, kemberly richardson
- Missing 11-year-old Brooklyn boy possibly found 46 min ago
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Metro-North worker fatally struck by train in NYC 43 min ago
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp begins 30 min ago
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew on stolen passports
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- UWS street to be renamed after 4-year-old Ariel Russo
- NY-native bank robbery suspect nabbed after selfies
- UCONN sophomore accuses sorority sisters of hazing
- CT hockey referee arrested after removing child from ice
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Missing 11-year-old Brooklyn boy possibly...
46 min ago