Lifestyle & Fun
Dollar pizza signs throughout New York City
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Pizza makes us smile, but dollar pizza?
Signs are cropping up everywhere around New York City.
Scott Wiener leads pizza tours and is an expert, a pizzaologist.
He gives tours all over the city but says the best dollar slice ias at Percy's at Bleeker and MacDougal.
Crazy economic law been around for decades which dictates there is a correlation between the cost of a slice and the cost of a ride on the subway. Not anymore.
Those one dollar slices are pulling the average down and what about quality?
"I was shocked. People will walk right by a great pizza place to buy a piece of for $1.50 less," said Chris Edwards.
Chris is making a documentary about this dollar pizza phenomenon. Over lunch he said a slice here used to cost $4 a slice -- before the dip to a buck. It's all about volume.
Everyone though agrees that life is too short to eat 'bad' pizza.
lifestyle & fun
- 2 elderly residents hurt in Queens home invasion 7 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gusty Wind
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies 26 min ago
- 'Bachelorette' Contestant dies in paragliding accident
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall 27 min ago
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Abandoned dog rescued and saved by SPCA in Bronxville
- Long Island school bus driver accused of selling heroin
- Cubs celebrate 100th birthday of Wrigley Field
- Attempted luring incident reported in West Nyack
- FBI investigates hoax that sent SWAT teams to house 54 min ago
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
27 min ago
More Lifestyle and Fun
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos