Lifestyle & Fun
Dollar pizza signs throughout New York City
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Pizza makes us smile, but dollar pizza?
Signs are cropping up everywhere around New York City.
Scott Wiener leads pizza tours and is an expert, a pizzaologist.
He gives tours all over the city but says the best dollar slice ias at Percy's at Bleeker and MacDougal.
Crazy economic law been around for decades which dictates there is a correlation between the cost of a slice and the cost of a ride on the subway. Not anymore.
Those one dollar slices are pulling the average down and what about quality?
"I was shocked. People will walk right by a great pizza place to buy a piece of for $1.50 less," said Chris Edwards.
Chris is making a documentary about this dollar pizza phenomenon. Over lunch he said a slice here used to cost $4 a slice -- before the dip to a buck. It's all about volume.
Everyone though agrees that life is too short to eat 'bad' pizza.
lifestyle & fun
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest 46 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower 32 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx 59 min ago
- Mount Vernon responds to racist tweets by Mahopac players
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze laid to rest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Bridget Kelly fights order to give up Bridgegate records
- Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
46 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
32 min ago
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
59 min ago
More Lifestyle and Fun
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos