Lifestyle & Fun
Dollar pizza signs throughout New York City
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Pizza makes us smile, but dollar pizza?
Signs are cropping up everywhere around New York City.
Scott Wiener leads pizza tours and is an expert, a pizzaologist.
He gives tours all over the city but says the best dollar slice ias at Percy's at Bleeker and MacDougal.
Crazy economic law been around for decades which dictates there is a correlation between the cost of a slice and the cost of a ride on the subway. Not anymore.
Those one dollar slices are pulling the average down and what about quality?
"I was shocked. People will walk right by a great pizza place to buy a piece of for $1.50 less," said Chris Edwards.
Chris is making a documentary about this dollar pizza phenomenon. Over lunch he said a slice here used to cost $4 a slice -- before the dip to a buck. It's all about volume.
Everyone though agrees that life is too short to eat 'bad' pizza.
lifestyle & fun
- Snow alert issued for New York City
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix On The Way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Obamas to attend Tuesday service for Nelson Mandela
- Brooklyn police shooting leaves suspect wounded
- Yankees open to Brett Gardner trade
- De Blasio, Bratton join Sharpton at Mandela tribute
- Queens hit and run leaves pedestrian dead
- Long Island Rail Road massacre, 20 years later
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Eric Gelinas' OT goal helps Devils beat Rangers
- Potential major advancement made in fight against leukemia