Lifestyle & Fun
Accordions around the world in Bryant Park
BRYANT PARK (WABC) -- It looks like a scene from Paris, but this is Manhattan.
Bryant Park to be exact and on Thursdays throughout the summer the accordion is taking center stage.
Albert Behar will be one of many accordionists positioned throughout the park. He'll be playing in the French style. Matt Dallow plays more bluesy rock and pop and his bright orange instrument.
Special events include 20 accordionists throughout the park from 5pm to 7pm, and an Accordion Jam and Dance Party from 7pm to 9pm at the Fountain Terrace on June 20 and July 18. On August 15, the American Accordionists' Association celebrates its 75th Anniversary with award-winning accordionists, a massed band of accordionists at 7pm playing "New York, New York", and an accordion jam session open to all from 9pm to 10pm.
For more information, bryantpark.org.
bryant park, music, lifestyle & fun, lauren glassberg
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case 59 min ago
- AccuWeather: Still Some Slick Spots! 32 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion 14 min ago
- Yonkers family jumps from window to escape fire 16 min ago
- Photos: Family escapes Yonkers fire 18 min ago
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen
- Black ice warnings as bitter cold sets in
- Mega Millions jackpot grows to $400 Million
- FDA pushes to get antibiotics out of meat
- LI pet store thief wanted for stealing puppy
- Interpreter at Mandela ceremony called a 'fake'
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion 28 min ago
- AccuWeather: Still Some Slick Spots!
32 min ago