Lifestyle & Fun
Video: Baby rhino on display at Alabama zoo
MONTGOMERY (WABC) -- The first baby rhinoceros to be born through artificial insemination is now on display at the zoo in Montgomery, Alabama.
And that's not the only thing special about him.
Ethan, born earlier this month, is named after the Alabama boy rescued after being held hostage in a bunker in February.
And even though he's less than a month old, Ethan the rhino already weighs about 90 pounds.
His mom, 12-year-old Jeta, was inseminated back in February of 2012.
There are less than 3,000 Indian rhinos remaining in the wild. Zoologists hope successful breeding will help sustain the population.
lifestyle & fun
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway
- Metro-North worker fatally struck by train in NYC
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues 6 min ago
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident