Lifestyle & Fun
Video: Baby rhino on display at Alabama zoo
MONTGOMERY (WABC) -- The first baby rhinoceros to be born through artificial insemination is now on display at the zoo in Montgomery, Alabama.
And that's not the only thing special about him.
Ethan, born earlier this month, is named after the Alabama boy rescued after being held hostage in a bunker in February.
And even though he's less than a month old, Ethan the rhino already weighs about 90 pounds.
His mom, 12-year-old Jeta, was inseminated back in February of 2012.
There are less than 3,000 Indian rhinos remaining in the wild. Zoologists hope successful breeding will help sustain the population.
lifestyle & fun
- Retired NYPD officer charged in wife's murder
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Brooklyn man dies in skydiving accident in New Jersey
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Boston Marathon goes off under tight security
- Teen survives flight riding in wheel well of Hawaii jet
- Woman charged in fatal hit-and-run in Stamford 30 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Coney Island double stabbing 40 min ago
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Lindsay Lohan admits miscarriage on her reality show
- Photos: Lindsay Lohan in pictures
More Lifestyle and Fun
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos