Lifestyle & Fun
Where to find free outdoor workouts in New York City
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Imagine doing Tai Chi alongside an art installation. You can also come to the Socrates Sculpture Park in Astoria for yoga and kayaking.
It's all free, which only enhances the experience.
It's one of the spots highlighted in Well and Good's Healthy Summer Guide to New York.
In addition to classes you can pay for, there's an extensive list of free outdoor options offered by a variety of fitness studios.
Cadence Dubus has a studio for private training in Brooklyn, but this is her chance to offer "Brooklyn Strength" to locals for free.
"We wanted to work the park so we could bring quality fitness to a wider population," she said.
Her outdoor classes at Pier 6 get about 25 people at a time.
"I'm sure people are coming so they can take a walk along the water and look at the beautiful view," she said.
The West Village offers an equally picturesque setting for a Vinyasa class by Sacred Sounds Yoga.
lifestyle & fun, lauren glassberg
- 4 dead, 280 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder 52 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Bronx sweep nets suspected gang members
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
52 min ago
More Lifestyle and Fun
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos