Lifestyle & Fun
Where to find free outdoor workouts in New York City
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Imagine doing Tai Chi alongside an art installation. You can also come to the Socrates Sculpture Park in Astoria for yoga and kayaking.
It's all free, which only enhances the experience.
It's one of the spots highlighted in Well and Good's Healthy Summer Guide to New York.
In addition to classes you can pay for, there's an extensive list of free outdoor options offered by a variety of fitness studios.
Cadence Dubus has a studio for private training in Brooklyn, but this is her chance to offer "Brooklyn Strength" to locals for free.
"We wanted to work the park so we could bring quality fitness to a wider population," she said.
Her outdoor classes at Pier 6 get about 25 people at a time.
"I'm sure people are coming so they can take a walk along the water and look at the beautiful view," she said.
The West Village offers an equally picturesque setting for a Vinyasa class by Sacred Sounds Yoga.
lifestyle & fun, lauren glassberg
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Car dealer charged after selling Sandy-damaged vehicles
- NJ Transit train disabled inside Hudson River tunnel
- Surveillance released in shooting of 9-year-old boy
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- Prosecutors likely to reduce charges in SUV assault
- Video: Two US astronauts set to spacewalk to fix ISS
- GWB repair work this weekend
- Father in Army reunites with son in kindergarten class
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
More Lifestyle and Fun
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos