Lifestyle & Fun
Oregon toddler gets hands on dad's phone, buys car on eBay
PORTLAND, Oregon (WABC) -- Sorella Stoute is a real daddy's girl. Or at least, the folks at eBay thought she WAS her dad when she bought a car online.
Little Sorella is just 14 months old, but last month, she got hold of her father's smartphone.
She clicked through his eBay app and made a winning $225 bid on a 1962 Austin Healey.
Paul Stoute and his wife, of Portland, Oregon, had an initial panic before deciding to keep the car and restore it.
"I've done a lot of body work in the past, like bondo and stuff like that," he said. "But this is another realm altogether."
He said he hopes to give the car to Sorella for her 16th birthday or for graduation.
"I'm just glad she didn't buy the $38,000 Porsche I was looking at," he said.
Still, he has since activated the facial recognition technology and has a new PIN code, just in case she ever gets the shopping bug again.
lifestyle & fun
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Charges expected in fraternity death
- Search for hit and run driver in fatal crash
- LIRR, NJT ban booze ahead of Santacon
- Mayor-elect de Blasio to visit White House
- Nassau County police commissioner ousted
- Budget vote approved in the House
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- Sandy victims turn year of loss into season of giving
- Golden Globes nominations announced
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees