Lifestyle & Fun
Honest Toddler helping new parents via Twitter
NEW YORK (WABC) -- New parents get advice and strength from many sources, most often books or blogs.
But now parenting advice on Twitter.
Inspiration boiled down to just 140 characters and so popular it's led to a book deal.
It's called "Honest Toddler", a twitter account with clever tweets from a toddler's perspective.
"Please come home, Ii broke the house" or "How IS being forced to share NOT communism."
The comments are funny and insightful and the toddler has a legion of followers.
It began just 14 months ago with one defiant moment.
"My daughter was just standing there, defying and I was looking at her and started the account on a whim," said Bunmi Laditan.
Boomie is the mom behind the toddler. She actually has three children, her youngest just 7 weeks old and she dispenses childhood wisdom with ease.
For her, the honest toddler is just a new form of mommy journaling.
"When I'm in the thick of things, it helps me see the funny side, and find the humor in these moments," adds Bunmi.
Parents love the toddler's perspective.
Especially tweets like:
"You adults are real hypocrites...when it comes to whining..."
Her humor has led to a new book and a possible tv deal, but what she enjoys most is the response she gets from other parents and knowing that she's helping them through tough toddler times.
You can follow the honest toddler on Facebook or Twitter. The links are below.
lifestyle & fun, diana williams
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged 6 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- NJ Transit train disabled inside Hudson River tunnel 1 min ago
- Surveillance released in shooting of 9-year-old boy
- Off-duty NYPD officer stabbed in neck in Brooklyn
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- Prosecutors likely to reduce charges in SUV assault
- Cops suspended, they say for serving in military
- GWB repair work this weekend
- Father in Army reunites with son in kindergarten class
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
More Lifestyle and Fun
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos