Lifestyle & Fun
Thrift store sells designer clothes for cancer center
NEW YORK (WABC) -- If you're in the market for designer clothes at bargain prices, there's a place you can find them for a fraction of the value.
All of your shopping will benefit one of the nation's leading cancer fighting hospitals.
This is incentivized shopping.
The time to do it is this week, when the Society of Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center Thrift Shop puts on a super sale event.
It even had some help from a stylist who's helping to curate the sale.
"These are the perfect places to find that hidden gem," said Jason Bolden, a celebrity stylist.
Jason Bolden loves to find fashionable items at thrift shops, like this one, run by the Society of Memorial Sloan Kettering.
For 55 years, the money raised there has gone to help patient care, but this week inventory is all new and especially fabulous, donated by designers and celebs.
They have one of Gabriel Union's dresses, it retailed for about $2,000.
"You can get it for $150," Bolden said.
Channel is 75% off.
If you are in the market for a gown they have Halston.
A vintage Halston gown is only $325.
There is also jewelry, bags, and of course shoes.
There are some Brian Atwood's that were never worn and cost just $100.
"This is the chance where you actually take risks, it's the price point, don't be afraid to buy something you wouldn't normally buy," Bolden said.
So consider some Converse designed by Missoni.
"It's like a sweater sneaker," Bolden said.
But most importantly, what you buy there goes to cancer research, education and even things like fresh flowers in patients rooms.
"So not only do the funds help good things, you find fabulous things to buy. It's a win-win for sure," said Martha O'Brien, of the Society of Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center Thrift Shop.
The sale starts Tuesday, August 6 at 10 a.m. and runs through Saturday, August 10 at 5 p.m.
There are men's clothes for sale as well.
Tuesday morning, Jason will be on hand to help you style a look.
The Society of Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center Thrift Shop is located at:
1440 Third Ave.
(Between 81st and 82nd)
New York, NY 10028
For more information please visit: Mskccthriftshop.org
cancer, shopping, lifestyle & fun, lauren glassberg
- Nanny identifies new hero after attempted abduction in Chelsea
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man arrested for arson in Water Mill fire
- Dead body found in plastic container in Brooklyn
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- 2 killed in wreck on Southern State identified
- No hearts stolen on date, only NJ woman's dog, TV
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park