Lifestyle & Fun
Video: Peru zoo debuts white Bengal tigress cub
PERU (WABC) -- A zoo in Peru presented a special, one-of-a-kind delivery Monday.
The blue-eyed bundle of cuteness is the first white Bengal tigress cub to be born in captivity in the country.
The nearly 2-month-old cub is just now making her media debut.
The parents of the yet-unnamed cub are the only white Bengal tigers in Peru, having arrived from Argentina and Chile three years ago.
The youngster is still being fed milk from a bottle, but has started to be fed meat also.
The zoo is holding a competition next Saturday where the public can propose names for the cub. The winner will be able to have their photo taken with the young cat.
The white tiger is a subspecies of the Bengal tiger, which is found in India, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Myanmar and Nepal.
It is considered in danger of extinction.
lifestyle & fun
- 15 injured after car drives through Trader Joe's
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Railroad Administration orders Metro-North to use 2 engineers
- Freight train, truck collide in West Nyack
- Surveillance video released in "Baby Angel" case
- Long Island Rail Road massacre, 20 years later
- Photos: Long Island Rail Road massacre
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Robinson Cano to sign with Mariners
- Photos: Robinson Cano through the years
More Lifestyle and Fun
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos