Lifestyle & Fun
Mocktails instead of cocktails
NEW YORK (WABC) -- It's a drink infused with the flavors of the Caribbean, but you won't find any alcohol. It's a mocktail - a healthy approach to enjoying a cocktail and what Tamara Albertini's infusion bar is all about.
DLO is a small spot in Dumbo with just a couple of seats, offering drinks that are organic and juice based like the orange lime zest martini.
"It's the feeling of having a healthy drink without alcohol with the bar experience," Albertini said.
While you may think of rum drinks when you think of the Caribbean, non-alcoholic juice drinks are actually very popular on the islands.
For years, Caribbean inspired juice bars have long found a home in new york. Many have seating and a laid back feel.
While juicing is a huge craze right now, these mom and pop shops have led the way for trendier spots. One spot that combines the two trends is Melvin's Juice Box, part of miss lily's a popular spot for Caribbean food.
Melvin, who's actually a southerner, is about as popular as his concoctions.
"This is our special drink called the rise up," he said.
Catchy names and a chill vibe to enjoy healthy concoctions.
There's plenty of seating, making the experience of getting together over a juice that much more tempting here or elsewhere.
lifestyle & fun, lauren glassberg
- 2 killed in motorcycle accident in Queens
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- Biker killed in Bronx collision
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes
- Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach
- Knicks lose to Grizzlies, 95-87
- Video: Holiday shoppers enjoying warm weather
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall