Lifestyle & Fun
Watch: Paralyzed Ohio bride walks down the aisle
TOLEDO -- A woman from Ohio who's paralyzed from the waist down kept her vow to walk down the aisle at her wedding.
Stevie Beale used a walker with her father alongside last weekend in her hometown of Toledo.
Beale was paralyzed seven years ago in a car crash that killed a close friend. She uses a wheelchair and says that won't change unless there are medical breakthroughs.
She's spent the last year of therapy working toward walking on her wedding day.
Her new husband, Jared VanAusdale, tells WTVG in Toledo that her hard work paid off and that seeing her in a wedding dress was overwhelming.
Beale says her husband wouldn't let her give up her dream when she felt frustrated or tired.
lifestyle & fun
- Yonkers family jumps from window to escape fire 17 min ago
- AccuWeather: Still Some Slick Spots!
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: 4 injured in Yonkers fire
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of the Year
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen
- Spring Valley police to announce arrest in Baby Angel case
- Black ice warnings as bitter cold sets in 35 min ago
- Local 7 line service resumes after signal problems
- Tourist who lost leg in taxi crash sues city
- Infant brought to NYC hospital by parents pronounced dead
- Suspect sought for stealing puppy from LI pet store
- World leaders bow, pray at Nelson Mandela's casket
- Black ice warnings as bitter cold sets in
35 min ago