Lifestyle & Fun
Stowaway kittens found on train after 1,600-mile trip to Canada
EDMONTON (WABC) -- The kittens who took over the subway tracks in Brooklyn two weeks ago may have inspired some friends.
Two other kittens didn't stop any trains, but they did go on a long train ride from Chicago to Canada.
Railroad workers found the stowaways in a sealed container after making the 1,600 mile trip.
Despite not likely being fed for days, the kittens, now named Chicago Joe and Boxcar Willemina, are in good condition.
They were taken to the Edmonton Humane Society, and now they're just looking for a home.
A Humane Society spokesperson says there is no way to trace the kittens' origin or their owners.
lifestyle & fun
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix 12 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Snow heads into NYC after hitting southern, central NJ 32 min ago
- Is school closed or delayed? Find out fast: Here's how!
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide 30 min ago
- New warning about potentially dangerous toys
- MTA announces new safety measures after Metro-North derailment 5 min ago
- New York City unveils interactive map of major crimes
- Giants playoff hopes eliminated after Chargers loss
- Video: Phil Lipof says goodbye to Eyewitness News
- Broncos' Matt Prater sets NFL record with 64-yard FG
- Photos: Wintry Mix Hits Tri-State Area
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix
12 min ago
More Lifestyle and Fun
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos