Lifestyle & Fun
Leukemia patient with Down's voted homecoming queen in Kentucky
KENTUCKY (WABC) -- A community in Kentucky says its new homecoming queen is an inspiration.
Twenty-year-old Brittany Depew has Down's syndrome and is battling leukemia for the second time.
Her friends say through it all, she lives "high on life" and has a positive attitude.
The entire community was out at a parade Saturday supporting Brittany as she competed for homecoming queen.
Her family is overwhelmed by all the support.
"It's awesome," dad Terry Depew said. "You can't go anywhere where people don't know her, and to see other cars saying 'Vote for Brittany' is cool, the way everybody has pulled together to do this for her."
Brittany won the vote for homecoming queen later Satuday night.
Her mom says it means a lot to Brittany to see the love from her classmates and neighbors.
lifestyle & fun
- Person of interest in custody in Flatbush shooting
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly 10 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Chelsea Clinton announces she is pregnant
- NY cabbie accused of not paying $28,000 in tolls
- Fraternity shuts Ole Miss branch after noose tying
- Police investigating East Harlem hit and run
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Blind marathoner will run to raise money for guide dog
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
10 min ago
More Lifestyle and Fun
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos