Lifestyle & Fun
Leukemia patient with Down's voted homecoming queen in Kentucky
KENTUCKY (WABC) -- A community in Kentucky says its new homecoming queen is an inspiration.
Twenty-year-old Brittany Depew has Down's syndrome and is battling leukemia for the second time.
Her friends say through it all, she lives "high on life" and has a positive attitude.
The entire community was out at a parade Saturday supporting Brittany as she competed for homecoming queen.
Her family is overwhelmed by all the support.
"It's awesome," dad Terry Depew said. "You can't go anywhere where people don't know her, and to see other cars saying 'Vote for Brittany' is cool, the way everybody has pulled together to do this for her."
Brittany won the vote for homecoming queen later Satuday night.
Her mom says it means a lot to Brittany to see the love from her classmates and neighbors.
lifestyle & fun
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Golden Globes nominations announced 1 min ago
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Fire burns through house in New Brunswick
- 'Fake' interpreter says he was hallucinating at Mandela event
- Baby it's cold outside!
- Newtown school shooting vigils planned for Thursday
- Bipolar teen missing from Suffolk County
- Photos: New Brunswick, New Jersey house fire
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen
More Lifestyle and Fun
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos