Lifestyle & Fun
Empire State Building Halloween light show
NEW YORK (WABC) -- New York City is known for its Halloween parade, and there will be Trick or Treaters on the streets for Halloween.
But for the first time, there's another treat for New Yorkers by an iconic landmark.
"It is the most iconic building in the world, it's very exciting," said Marc Brickman, a lighting designer.
Marc Brickman can't wait for Thursday night when he gets to light up the Empire State Building in a way that's never been done before.
"It's around 15,000 channels of LED lighting," Brickman said.
In other words, get ready for something spectacular.
Brickman designed the light show as well, but for Halloween he's getting to light the tippy top as well, known as the antennae.
"It is 200 feet of additional lighting that's been added to an already spectacular building," Brickman said.
And all of this is done by computer. The arrangement or choreography takes about a month of planning and the lights are all LED. The lights were put in last November allowing for light shows with as many as 16 million colors.
"We have a great mix of five songs, a nine-minute program with a Halloween theme," Brickman said.
Those colors are going to be spooky, spanning from the 72nd floor all the way up.
"It's pretty amazing how far you can see it, as far as Connecticut," Brickman said.
So take a pause to take in the sights, not down below, but 1,454 feet in the air.
"It's a treat to New York City by the Empire State Building," Brickman said.
Fans in New York and around the Tri-State area can tune into Z100 (100.3 FM) or KTU (103.5 FM) to hear the synchronized soundtrack in real-time during the light show.
You can also check it out on the Empire State Building's YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/esbnyc
empire state building, halloween, lifestyle & fun, lauren glassberg
- East Harlem debris cleared in search for cause 26 min ago
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Monday snow
- AccuWeather: Cold Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- East Harlem community tries to move forward after explosion
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Malaysian leader: Plane's system deliberately disabled
- Out of control bus hits cars in Brooklyn; 5 hurt
- Widow of Short Hills mall carjacking victim files suit
- Firefighters respond to brush fire near JFK
- LI hospital flooded with phone calls after insulin scare
- East Harlem debris cleared in search for...
26 min ago