Lifestyle & Fun
Eyewitness News at 11 photobomb: the story behind the photo
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Meet Anthony Bartilucci, a young man from Long Island. Last Friday, Anthony and his friend came to Manhattan for a concert.
"We were running as fast as we could from Penn to here, about 42 blocks," says Anthony, "we get here in about 15 minutes, so we tried to take a breather and we saw you guys filming, so we thought it would be funny to take a random picture outside."
That random picture was taken during a commercial break of Eyewitness News at 11. So as Anthony posed, "Attack, Attack" shirt and all, Rob Powers posed, too, in the background. It was a perfect photobomb.
Anthony's friend Angelo knew it, and posted the picture on the social news site, Reddit.
"I didn't think it would get as big as it did, but when I saw it start rising, I was slowly waiting," says Anthony, "But it hit the front page, then it hit the first rank, and I was like 'wow!'"
Anthony says that when he went to look on Reddit, there were almost a million views, even though his friend had only posted the picture a couple of hours earlier.
lifestyle & fun, rob powers
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Retired NYPD officer faces charges for allegedly killing wife
- NJ police investigating deadly skydiving accident
- Former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter dies at 76
- Suspect arrested after body found in container
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield
- Preparations underway for Boston Marathon
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11
- Country music singer Kevin Sharp dies at age 43
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation