Lifestyle & Fun
9-year-old bowler in Florida tosses perfect 300
LARGO, Florida (WABC) -- A young bowler has left her competition in the gutter.
Nine-year-old Hannah Diem was bowling on her regular league night at Liberty Lanes in Largo, Florida, when the strikes began to mount.
Now, she is the youngest person to bowl a perfect 300 in the United States.
"After about seven strikes, I knew it was a possibility because seven was my highest amount of strikes ever," Hannah said.
A crowd, including Hannah's mom, surrounded the girl as she neared her goal.
"I knew it's only three more balls, a measly three," she said. "That's what an average person would say, 'just three balls'. Not just three balls if you're going for that 300."
And then, she tossed the final strike.
"I threw my hands up," she said. "I ran back to (my mom) and she was sobbing on my shoulder. People were cheering and clapping. It was just absolutely magical."
The United States Bowling Congress certified the game and sent Hannah a congratulatory letter.
"I still feel like I'm dreaming," she said. "It's like, pinch me."
lifestyle & fun
- Dead body found in plastic container in Brooklyn 40 min ago
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler 57 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- 2 killed in wreck on Southern State identified
- No hearts stolen on date, only NJ woman's dog, TV
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Man retrieving item from tracks hit by subway train
- Sparta crash injures woman and 8-year old son
- NYPD policy revised; officers should take stairs in fire
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
57 min ago