School principal accused of making dirty phone calls to women
(Central Islip-WABC, February 9, 2006) (WABC) -- A high school principal on Long Island is facing charges this morning. He's accused of harassing nearly a dozen women.
Eyewitness News reporter Ken Rosato is live in Central Islip with the story.
Police say Frank Vetro is the principal at Hampton Bays High School and that they have arrested him and charged him with seven counts of aggravated harassment.
Investigators say over a period of 11 months, Mr. Vetro telephoned several different women and made disturbing comments to them of the sexual nature.
They say he knew some of the women but the calls the increased and they continued with other women whom he did not know. Females who worked at women's apparel and shoe stores received calls from him as well.
Mr. Vetro will be arraigned for court later today in Central Islip.
Investigators are asking women who may have gotten similar calls at work over the past 11 months to contact Suffolk County police.
- Where is Charles Butler?
- Investigation follows police shooting of student 24 min ago
- Metro North New Haven Line to be back Wednesday
- Rally held after West Village hate crime murder
- Worker injured after forklift swallowed by sinkhole
- blog: Desiree Hartsock on being 'The Bachelorette'
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Photos: Lee Goldberg explains Oklahoma's tornado... 50 min ago
- blog: Mirror Ball Blog: Dancing with the Stars
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- 51 people confirmed dead in Okla. tornado
13 min ago
- AccuWeather: Muggy
14 min ago
- Final four dance in 'Dancing with the...
22 min ago