Six prompts subway record attempt
(New York - WABC, December 28, 2006) (WABC) -- Six former classmates are getting together for a chance to break a world record for riding the subway.
The six guys came up with the idea during a class of 1996 Regis High School reunion. They will attempt to stop at all 468 subway station in less than 26-hours and 21-minutes.
Earlier this year, two college friends made a similar attempt. They finished in 24-hours and 2-minutes, but apparently they didn't meet standards set by "Guinness World Records."
Today's attempt begins at the Rockaway Park station at 3:30 this afternoon.
- Authorities: Hofstra student killed by police
- Powerball: 1 winning ticket sold in Florida
- 3 wounded after shooting in Bedford-Stuyvesant
- U.S. Air plane makes belly landing at Newark Airport
- Metro North trains set to be removed from accident scene 59 min ago
- Vito Lopez says he will resign effective Monday
- Pacers knock out Knicks with win in Game 6
- Photos: Belly landing at Newark Airport
- Photos: Metro North trains collide in Connecticut
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers