Is 07/07/07 a good day to tie the knot?
(New York-WABC, January 17, 2007) (WABC) -- Here at Eyewitness News, we obviously like the number seven.
It seems brides-to-be do too. But is it a good date to tie the knot?
Lauren Glassberg is here with more.
Is it a good day? It depends on how superstitious you are and whether you believe in astrology.
There's one reason to get married on a date like 07/07/07. It's an easy one to remember. And the owner of the Water's Edge says a couple booked that date for their wedding two full years ago. Because they they liked all those sevens.
"They do go to vegas on the weekends, and he always bets on seven, makes a little money," owner Marika Sumerstein said. "They felt it was a lucky day."
"It has all the intrigue of 07," astrologist Shelley Ackerman said. "The mystery, the intrigue. I mean, seven days to create the world. Seven visible planets."
Ackerman gets why people are fascinated with all those sevens.
But when it comes to planning your wedding on the 7th day of the 7th month of the year 2007, she says leave all those sevens to someone else.
"07/07/07 is not the time to take your vows," Ackerman said. "Mercury is in retrograde, promises won't be kept."
Well, despite what astrologists may say, the Ritz Carlton in Lower Manhattan has been inundated with requests from people looking to get married in the ballroom on July 7, 2007.
Bebhinn Gallen, Ritz Carlton: We probably had over 35 inquiries for that single date. Lauren: Is that more than usual? Gallen: Absolutely.
She says the date was booked a year and a half ago, and the couple is even getting married at 7:00 p.m. But take heart.
"Although we don't have any more availability for that date, we certainly have 08/08/08 available," Gallen said.
Lots of restaurants and catering halls offer discounts on certain days, like for the 13th of a month, particularly if it's Friday the 13th. Again, because people are superstitious.
For more information, Click Here
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual
- Fire burns through house in New Brunswick
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Golden Globes nominations announced 37 min ago
- Newtown school shooting vigils planned for Thursday
- Mandela interpreter says he was hallucinating 25 min ago
- George Bush writes letter to Alabama kicker after big loss 42 min ago
- Software engineer teaches homeless man how to code 50 min ago
- Photos: New Brunswick, New Jersey house fire
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
1 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos