Maximum Safety for Active Kids
Saturday, April 28, 2007
(New York - WABC, April 28, 2007) (WABC) -- Pro BMX rider, Mike "Rooftop" Escamilla, joins Eyewitness News to give you some safety tips for your active children.
Maximum safety tip:
-Choose a helmet that fits properly
-Check brake cables and pads for wear. Try the brakes out each time you begin your ride for safer stops
-Check for loose nuts, bolts and spokes. Maximum safety depends on these parts being adjusted properly before riding
-Make sure your chain is clean and lubricated and that the gears work correctly. Safety at fast speeds depends on them.
-Once a year, replace worn or rusted parts, re-grease bearings and clean and lubricate the chain and gears.
(Copyright ©2014 WABC-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody 39 min ago
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Man retrieving item from tracks hit by subway train 1 min ago
- Sparta crash injures woman and 8-year old son
- NYPD policy revised; officers should take stairs in fire
- Animal activists protest outside Liam Neeson's home
- Another delayed GM recall detailed by new documents 21 min ago
- Weekend subway changes affecting 11 lines