Maximum Safety for Active Kids
Saturday, April 28, 2007
(New York - WABC, April 28, 2007) (WABC) -- Pro BMX rider, Mike "Rooftop" Escamilla, joins Eyewitness News to give you some safety tips for your active children.
Maximum safety tip:
-Choose a helmet that fits properly
-Check brake cables and pads for wear. Try the brakes out each time you begin your ride for safer stops
-Check for loose nuts, bolts and spokes. Maximum safety depends on these parts being adjusted properly before riding
-Make sure your chain is clean and lubricated and that the gears work correctly. Safety at fast speeds depends on them.
-Once a year, replace worn or rusted parts, re-grease bearings and clean and lubricate the chain and gears.
(Copyright ©2014 WABC-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- raw video: New video just after East Harlem Explosion
- Brooklyn shooting leaves 4 boys wounded
- NYC Sanitation Commissioner John Doherty retiring
- Out of control bus hits cars in Brooklyn; 5 hurt
- Malaysian leader: plane's system deliberately disabled
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $400 million
- Photos: Several vehicles on fire in New Jersey