Maximum Safety for Active Kids
Saturday, April 28, 2007
(New York - WABC, April 28, 2007) (WABC) -- Pro BMX rider, Mike "Rooftop" Escamilla, joins Eyewitness News to give you some safety tips for your active children.
Maximum safety tip:
-Choose a helmet that fits properly
-Check brake cables and pads for wear. Try the brakes out each time you begin your ride for safer stops
-Check for loose nuts, bolts and spokes. Maximum safety depends on these parts being adjusted properly before riding
-Make sure your chain is clean and lubricated and that the gears work correctly. Safety at fast speeds depends on them.
-Once a year, replace worn or rusted parts, re-grease bearings and clean and lubricate the chain and gears.
(Copyright ©2013 WABC-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
- Victim of attempted robbery falls out window
- Suspect shot and killed in Newark robbery attempt
- Teacher suspended after alleged sending threatening voicemail
- Passenger arrested after incident on Newark-bound flight
- LI 7-Eleven owners accused of human smuggling
- NYC plans composting program to recycle food scraps
- abcnews: Murnaghans Face Backlash After Sarah's Lung...
- Actor Jeff Garlin won't face vandalism charges in LA
- Photos: Hong Kong-Newark Plane disturbance
- Photos: Miss Connecticut crowned Miss USA
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos