Maximum Safety for Active Kids
Saturday, April 28, 2007
(New York - WABC, April 28, 2007) (WABC) -- Pro BMX rider, Mike "Rooftop" Escamilla, joins Eyewitness News to give you some safety tips for your active children.
Maximum safety tip:
-Choose a helmet that fits properly
-Check brake cables and pads for wear. Try the brakes out each time you begin your ride for safer stops
-Check for loose nuts, bolts and spokes. Maximum safety depends on these parts being adjusted properly before riding
-Make sure your chain is clean and lubricated and that the gears work correctly. Safety at fast speeds depends on them.
-Once a year, replace worn or rusted parts, re-grease bearings and clean and lubricate the chain and gears.
(Copyright ©2013 WABC-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
- Snow heads into NYC after hitting southern, central NJ 18 min ago
- Is school closed or delayed? Find out fast: Here's how!
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide 16 min ago
- New warning about potentially dangerous toys 50 min ago
- Yaphank church badly damaged by fire
- New York City unveils interactive map of major crimes
- Giants playoff hopes eliminated after Chargers loss
- Video: Phil Lipof says goodbye to Eyewitness News
- Broncos' Matt Prater sets NFL record with 64-yard FG
- Photos: Wintry Mix Hits Tri-State Area
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos