Exclusive: Peter Braunstein speaks out
(New York-WABC, June 28, 2007) (WABC) -- Eyewitness News anchor Bill Ritter sat down with Peter Braunstein, the so-called fake firefighter who held a former co-worker hostage for more than 12 hours.
His sentence is 18 years to life in prison. He is, everyone agrees, mentally ill. Bill sat down with him at Bellevue Hospital.
Peter Braunstein: "I didn't really do anything in rape or murder her ... even the lowest form of criminal comes into something plan."
Bill Ritter: "You just figured out how to get in."
Peter: "Yeah that was really what I reached in my thinking."
Bill: "Of course she didn't know that, she didn't know that you didn't have a plan, she didn't know you weren't going to kill her. She didn't know you weren't going to rape her. She had no idea ... You didn't rape her."
Bill: "You didn't hurt her physically? You did touch her."
Peter: "Yeah I touched her."
Bill: "It happened and what did you do?"
Peter: "I think I like fondled her breasts twice."
So how does this happen? How does any otherwise smart, good looking and successful man suddenly flip and lose control? And can he get the help he psychiatric help he needs in prison?
For more on the exclusive interview click here.
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- N.J. woman charged with trying to kill her 3 children
- Firefighters rescue 80-year-old man from Bronx fire Wednesday...
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 7 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
19 min ago