Magnolia Bakery forced to close
(New York - WABC, July 11, 2007) (WABC) -- The New York City Department of Health shut down the famed Magnolia Bakery in the West Village Wednesday.
The health department told the bakery it needs a hand sink in the area where it makes those delicious cupcakes made famous in "Sex and the City" and a "Saturday Night Live" video.
According to a bakery spokesman, the bakery was also cited for a missing door handle, a missing light cover, and several mouse droppings and fruit flies in its garbage area.
The bakery says it intends to fix all the problems by this evening and try to reopen Thursday morning.
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Search continues for Malaysia Airlines plane
14 min ago