Magnolia Bakery forced to close
(New York - WABC, July 11, 2007) (WABC) -- The New York City Department of Health shut down the famed Magnolia Bakery in the West Village Wednesday.
The health department told the bakery it needs a hand sink in the area where it makes those delicious cupcakes made famous in "Sex and the City" and a "Saturday Night Live" video.
According to a bakery spokesman, the bakery was also cited for a missing door handle, a missing light cover, and several mouse droppings and fruit flies in its garbage area.
The bakery says it intends to fix all the problems by this evening and try to reopen Thursday morning.
- Driver arrested after teens get drunk, trash party bus
- Photos: Teenagers trash party bus
- Photos released of man wanted for harassing teen Muslim girl
- NYPD to end Muslim surveillance program
- MLB marks 67th anniversary of Jackie Robinson debut
- Miley Cyrus skips concert, is hospitalized
- Boston marks 1 year since deadly Marathon bombings
- Dog saved from burning home in Brooklyn by FDNY
- 13-year-old bystander shot in head in Brooklyn
- Baby found in Victoria's Secret bag died of asphyxia
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos