Another noose found in the city
(New York - WABC, October 12, 2007) (WABC) -- A new message of hate -- delivered this time -- to the post office. Police say it was another noose, found hanging outside the church street station, not far from ground zero.
Eyewitness News reporter is live in Lower Manhattan with the story.The FBI and justice department have now joined the bias investigation after several racial incidents this week -- at Columbia University, now at the Church Street post office. So far, police have made no arrests and have no suspects. Workers at the Church street postal station noticed the noose yesterday afternoon. It was hanging from a light pole above scaffolding erected for maintenance work on the building's facade. It's not clear just who was the target for the noose. All this comes as the building managers took it down and turned it over to police. All this comes as Columbia University has the NYPD investigating a second incident of hate on campus. This time, a swastika -- and an anti-Jewish slur -- were found on the wall of a university bathroom. "Well, there's certainly an openness to professors that are extremely anti-Israel...," said a Columbia University student. This follows the discovery of a noose, Tuesday, on the door of a prominent African American professor at Teacher's college. Another student said, "as a community we have to come together and identify what the problem is, even though, it's probably only a problem related to a few people." Detectives finally obtained a subpoena in order to get those surveillance tapes from Columbia University. They are now in the process of review 56 hours of tape, trying to find the Columbia culprit.
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland 37 min ago
- Employees tied up, Car parts stolen in Elizabeth
- Suspect identified in attempted baby abduction 33 min ago
- Ferry captain arrested in South Korea after deadly accident
- Party shooting leaves Kean U. student injured
- Sea Isle fire destroys 3 beachfront homes 25 min ago
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Search for suspects in Riverhead robbery and assault
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Yonkers family outraged after dog mauled by pit bull 20 min ago
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen
16 min ago
- Suspect identified in attempted baby...
33 min ago