Woman offering vacation in return for lost dog
(Bronx-WABC, Oct. 18, 2007) (WABC) -- A Bronx nurse is offering a vacation to Orlando in return for her beloved Yorkie.
Susan Roberti, 39, says her 15-year-old Yorkie "Mikey" went missing from her fenced-in yard last Friday evening just before 7:00 p.m.Roberti says the pooch is worth much more than a vacation to Orlando, but since she does not have the money, she's offering the trip instead. "I wish I could give a million dollars, but I don't have that," said Roberti, wiping tears from her eyes. Since "Mikey's" disappearance, Roberti, a nurse at Jacobi Medical Center, says she's lost her appetite, had sleepless nights and has even posted 3,000 flyers throughout the Bronx. "It is not the same magnitude as the loss of a child, but it's right up there," she said. "It's an emptiness; it's like you lost a part of me." Roberti says the yorkie weighs 5 pounds and is mostly black, with a tan face and legs and gray hair on top of his head. The dog has a special chip implanted under his skin and his ID can be checked at any vet with a scanning device. And if the vacation is not appealing enough, the Bronx nurse says that she'll buy a new dog for the person who returns her "baby" back to her. She says no questions asked. Anyone with information about Mikey's whereabouts or who wants to return the dog and collect the reward, should call (917) 699-1659.
- Suffolk County man arrested for sex crimes against children 21 min ago
- Metro North riders forced to find other means 17 min ago
- Worker injured after forklift swallowed by sinkhole
- Young child fatally shot outside Jersey City home
- Person of interest ID'd in deadly Queens bus shooting
- Rally planned after West Village hate crime murder
- 1 dead, 1 rescued when car ends up in Huntington Harbor
- blog: Desiree Hartsock on being 'The Bachelorette'
- blog: Mirror Ball Blog: Dancing with the Stars
- Photos: Photos from the Billboard Awards
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
38 min ago
- Metro North riders forced to find other means
17 min ago
- AccuWeather: Muggy
46 min ago