Horror on Halloween as brawl breaks out in Union Square
(New York-WABC, Nov. 1, 2007) (WABC) -- Four men were shot and another person stabbed after a Halloween melee broke out in Union Square Park this morning.
Eyewitness News is told the victims, between the ages of 18 and 21, were hit when a fight broke out in a McDonald's at 17th and Broadway. Then pandemonium as gunfire broke out at Union Square Park which was packed with Halloween revelers.The shooting victims, all men, were taken to Bellevue Hospital. A fifth person, a woman, was stabbed and transported to St. Vincent's Hospital in Greenwich Village. At first, none of the injuries were considered life-threatening, but Eyewitness News later learned, one of the victims is in much more critical condition than first thought. Police say arrests are imminent and that this may be gang related. Up to three people may be involved in the shooting. Witnesses described hundreds of people running from a Halloween party in the park. "We saw some people running, then we heard four to six gunshots," said Natalia Piedrahita. "We started running."
- Man arrested for arson in Water Mill fire
- Dead body found in plastic container in Brooklyn
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- 2 killed in wreck on Southern State identified
- No hearts stolen on date, only NJ woman's dog, TV
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park