Social worker killed in store shooting
A well-known high school social worker was one of the victims in the shooting at Lane Bryant in Tinley Park.
Carrie Hudek Chuisso, 33, is being remembered as a caring and dedicated faculty member at Homewood-Flossmor High School. She was hired as a social worker there in 2003, and graduated from that high school in 1993.
Some of her colleagues met at the school Saturday night to comfort each other. A spokesman for Homewood-Flossmor released this statement: Carrie was deeply loved by faculty and staff. She had a real touch with students. The entire Homewood Flossmoor family is deeply saddened.
Chuisso is one of five women who were killed Saturday morning a Lane Bryant clothing store. So far, police will not give any information about the other victims.
"We will not release any names until all family members are notified. The one thing I ask is that keep in prayers during this difficult time," said Tinley Park Police Chief Mike O'Connell.
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- 5 injured when car crashes into Bronx store
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Metro-North worker fatally struck by train in NYC 58 min ago
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp begins
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew on stolen passports
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- NY-native bank robbery suspect nabbed after selfies
- UConn sophomore accuses sorority sisters of hazing 57 min ago
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act