90 sick after visiting water park
QUEENSBURY (WABC) -- State health officials are looking into what made at least 90 people sick after they visited an indoor water park in upstate New York.
Officials say they've interviewed 67 of the people who reported getting sick after visiting Six Flags Great Escape Lodge and Indoor Waterpark in Queensbury, 45 miles north of Albany.
They reported suffering gastrointestinal illness after visiting the park between Friday and Monday.
Some had to be hospitalized, but health officials say the outbreak was not serious.
Employees at the indoor park are disinfecting the pool and other areas of the complex, which includes a hotel.
Great Escape officials say they're also investigating what caused the illnesses.
- London theatre roof collapses; Dozens injured 27 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Secret Sales: Last minute holiday gifts
- Bus accident on Route 3 in Clifton
- Photos: Injuries reported in Clifton, NJ bus accident
- Tax trouble for taxi tycoon?
- City Council passes plastic foam, e-cigarette bills
- 4 juveniles charges in possible knockout attacks
- Human error contributed in delay of Ariel Russo 911 response
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach
- Consumer Reports: Nasty Chicken
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos