90 sick after visiting water park
QUEENSBURY (WABC) -- State health officials are looking into what made at least 90 people sick after they visited an indoor water park in upstate New York.
Officials say they've interviewed 67 of the people who reported getting sick after visiting Six Flags Great Escape Lodge and Indoor Waterpark in Queensbury, 45 miles north of Albany.
They reported suffering gastrointestinal illness after visiting the park between Friday and Monday.
Some had to be hospitalized, but health officials say the outbreak was not serious.
Employees at the indoor park are disinfecting the pool and other areas of the complex, which includes a hotel.
Great Escape officials say they're also investigating what caused the illnesses.
- At least 2 dead, 22 hurt in East Harlem explosion 9 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: East Harlem explosion 33 min ago
- Metro-North service changes due to East Harlem explosion 5 min ago
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- Crime down across New York City, except in parks
- New Jersey bank robber caught after forgetting keys
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- No winner: Mega Millions jackpot surges to $353 million
- Happy Birthday! Idea that spawned internet turns 25
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase
- Photos: Incredible images from Colorado car chase