LI mother will use insanity defense
MINIEOLA -- A court filing shows that a Long Island woman accused of drowning her three children in a bathtub is expected to use an insanity defense at her trial.
The legal document was filed in Nassau County Court by the woman's attorney, Michelle Armstrong.
Police say Leatrice Brewer drowned her children then laid them in a row on her bed in their pajamas before calling 911 and confessing to the killings. The children were 5, 6 and 18 months old.
The 27-year-old New Cassel woman is charged with one count of first-degree murder and three counts of second-degree murder.
Nassau County district attorney spokesman Eric Phillips says his office will seek permission to have Brewer evaluated by a psychologist.
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads 14 min ago
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- Photos: Boston Marathon: One year later
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- 3 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
- Driver arrested after teens get drunk, trash party bus
- Photos: Teenagers trash party bus
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
14 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos