NJ woman killed by crocodile remembered
MORRISTOWN, NJ (WABC) -- It was a deadly tragedy for a New Jersey woman on vacation, as 25-year-old Lauren Failla was killed by a crocodile while snorkeling in India. And now the woman's friends are remembering her.
The Blaire Reinhard Band Blaire wrote a song in memory of Failla, a 2003 graduate of Morristown High School and a dear friend to Blaire.
A Facebook tribute from another friend has also been born out of Failla's death. The avid traveler was killed by a crocodile April 29th. It happened while she and a friend were snorkeling off an island in India.
Her death is another heart-aching blow to her parents and the family's church, St Peter's Episcopal Church in Morristown. Four years ago, Lauren's older sister Emily was killed in a rock-climbing accident in Washington state. Even after her sister's death, Lauren's friends say she was always a light for others.
The band will sing its 'Song for Lauren' Saturday at 8pm, at St. Peter's. Money raised will go toward the youth group there. Lauren was an active member of the youth group and the fundraiser was planned before her death. Now it will be dedicated to her memory.
A memorial service is set for May 15th.
new jersey, accident, morris county, local news
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual 37 min ago
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold 47 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case 9 min ago
- Thieves target luxury cars in New York area
- Photos: Luxury car theft ring bust in NYC
- Metro-North derailment sparks rules review
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- George Zimmerman will not face assault charges, prosecutors say
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of the Year
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen
- Mega Millions jackpot grows to $400 Million
- Dealing with bitter blast with no heat
30 min ago
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold
47 min ago