Alleged laxative prank sickens teachers
BROOKLYN (WABC) -- Three Brooklyn high school seniors will be banned from their graduation ceremony because of a prank involving a cake that apparently was laced with laxatives.
Department of Education spokeswoman Margie Feinberg said Wednesday that the cake sickened two crossing guards, a social worker and three teachers - two of them sought treatment at a hospital.
As punishment, the students will finish their year at an alternative learning center. A parent or guardian will have to escort them if they need to stop by the Brooklyn School for Global Studies.
Feinberg says the students didn't realize anyone would be harmed. The NYPD is testing the cake's ingredients, but Feinberg says a laxative is suspected.
The students are facing various assault and reckless endangerment charges.
- Hazmat respond to Carteret freight train derailment 24 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Unseasonably Warm Air
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Fast food workers strike to demand higher wages
- Bill de Blasio to make big announcement Thursday morning
- Springsteen's 'Born to Run' manuscript at NY auction
- Police shoot and kill man with special needs
- Newtown 911 calls released
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
- Metro-North service back 100-percent on Hudson Line
- Photos: Hazmat crews respond to Carteret freight... 41 min ago
- Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash, autopsy finds
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
- Hazmat respond to Carteret freight train...
24 min ago