Zero odds at New Jersey lottery games?
NEW JERSEY (WABC) -- There's a problem with some scratch-off lottery games in New Jersey.
Many scratch-off games offer the promise of instant wealth, including the "$1,000,000 Explosion" game. And if you think it's a longshot to win, you're actually wrong. The odds of winning a million bucks are zero, because all the big prizes have already been given away.
All six $1 million prizes were given away months ago, yet the game is still on sale for three more weeks.
In fact, 14 of New Jersey's 79 instant games, from Crossword to Sapphire Blues, have given away their top-tier prizes.
In Delaware and Pennsylvania, when big prizes are exhausted, officials stop selling the game. But not in New Jersey.
The New Jersey Lottery issued a statement indicating it urges players to visit the lottery's Web site for prize information.
The statement said, "We make this information prominent and refresh it regularly, so players can make their choices based upon the most complete and current game information available."
To find out how many prizes are left for each New Jersey scratch-off game, CLICK HERE.
- Secret Service investigating Target data breach
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
- U.S. Attorney defends arrest of Indian diplomat
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon
- Next City Council Speaker likely Melissa Mark-Viverito
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- O' Christmas tree, you're alive?! Student scares school
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos