Zero odds at New Jersey lottery games?
NEW JERSEY (WABC) -- There's a problem with some scratch-off lottery games in New Jersey.
Many scratch-off games offer the promise of instant wealth, including the "$1,000,000 Explosion" game. And if you think it's a longshot to win, you're actually wrong. The odds of winning a million bucks are zero, because all the big prizes have already been given away.
All six $1 million prizes were given away months ago, yet the game is still on sale for three more weeks.
In fact, 14 of New Jersey's 79 instant games, from Crossword to Sapphire Blues, have given away their top-tier prizes.
In Delaware and Pennsylvania, when big prizes are exhausted, officials stop selling the game. But not in New Jersey.
The New Jersey Lottery issued a statement indicating it urges players to visit the lottery's Web site for prize information.
The statement said, "We make this information prominent and refresh it regularly, so players can make their choices based upon the most complete and current game information available."
To find out how many prizes are left for each New Jersey scratch-off game, CLICK HERE.
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Sketch released in Upper East Side jewelry robbery
- NYC mayor to announce Sandy recovery reforms
- Man arrested in Queens anti-Muslim harassment on bus
- Pair robs 4 Brooklyn banks in 2-hour span
- Queens serial robber caught on surveillance camera
- Man caught on camera using cloned ATM card 57 min ago
- BridgeGate panel could call Gov. Chris Christie to testify
- New York political leader Basil Paterson dies at 87 57 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014 46 min ago