Teen killed in crash on Long Island
SELDEN (WABC) -- Suffolk County detectives are investigating a motor vehicle crash that claimed the life of a 16-year-old girl from Selden.
Authorities say 19-year-old Michael Ilvento, of Centereach, was driving a 1997 Chevrolet Blazer west on Woodside Avenue in Holtsville on Sunday night, just before midnight.
Amy Bartolotta, 16, and Anthony Messier, 17, were passengers in the vehicle, according to police. Ilvento reportedly lost control of the Blazer as he approached Patchogue Holbrook Road. The vehicle overturned, ejecting Bartolotta, and caught fire.
All three occupants were taken to Brookhaven Memorial Hospital for treatment of their injuries. Bartolotta died at the hospital.
Ilvento was arrested and charged with driving while intoxicated.
Anyone who may have witnessed the crash is asked to call 631-854-8552.
WEB PRODUCED BY: Bill King
- Jersey City water main break affecting service 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead 7 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Twin babies tossed from fire in Bronx apartment 12 min ago
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward 7 min ago
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults 49 min ago
- Bloomberg delivers last major speech at Mayor
- Multi-car pileup on Gowanus Expressway in Brooklyn
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- Blind man and dog rescued off subway tracks
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions...
7 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
7 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos