Teen killed in crash on Long Island
SELDEN (WABC) -- Suffolk County detectives are investigating a motor vehicle crash that claimed the life of a 16-year-old girl from Selden.
Authorities say 19-year-old Michael Ilvento, of Centereach, was driving a 1997 Chevrolet Blazer west on Woodside Avenue in Holtsville on Sunday night, just before midnight.
Amy Bartolotta, 16, and Anthony Messier, 17, were passengers in the vehicle, according to police. Ilvento reportedly lost control of the Blazer as he approached Patchogue Holbrook Road. The vehicle overturned, ejecting Bartolotta, and caught fire.
All three occupants were taken to Brookhaven Memorial Hospital for treatment of their injuries. Bartolotta died at the hospital.
Ilvento was arrested and charged with driving while intoxicated.
Anyone who may have witnessed the crash is asked to call 631-854-8552.
WEB PRODUCED BY: Bill King
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination 5 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way 40 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery
- Fort Lee students to make up snow days
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Ferry service to resume between Haverstraw, Ossining
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- LI hospital warns of possible blood...
5 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
40 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos