Funeral home worker crushed by elevator
LINDEN, N.J. (WABC) -- A 69-year-old man was crushed to death by an elevator at a funeral home.
The accident happened shortly before 10:00 Wednesday morning at Krowicki-McCracken Funeral Home on on E. St. Georges Avenue.
Investigators said Giorgio Ferrara of Elizabeth was killed by an elevator that is used to lift coffins.
He worked at the funeral for more than 30 years. A co-worker found his body.
An investigation is underway to determine what caused the accident.
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City
- Bill Bratton tapped to return as NYPD commisioner
- Police search for suspect in Brooklyn shooting
- Search for suspects in subway attack on two women
- World Cup teams hoping for luck of the draw 18 min ago
- Long Island Rail Road massacre, 20 years later
- Photos: Long Island Rail Road massacre
- Metro-North derailment victim Jim Lovell to be laid to rest
- Freeze takes an icy grip on much of the nation