Funeral home worker crushed by elevator
LINDEN, N.J. (WABC) -- A 69-year-old man was crushed to death by an elevator at a funeral home.
The accident happened shortly before 10:00 Wednesday morning at Krowicki-McCracken Funeral Home on on E. St. Georges Avenue.
Investigators said Giorgio Ferrara of Elizabeth was killed by an elevator that is used to lift coffins.
He worked at the funeral for more than 30 years. A co-worker found his body.
An investigation is underway to determine what caused the accident.
- Dozens killed in Oklahoma tornado
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Tornado: How You Can Help, Get Help
- Two more possible bias attacks investigated in New York City
- NYPD detective accused of hacking, spying on associates
- Connecticut rail service to return to normal Wednesday 15 min ago
- Super Bowl 50 goes to San Francisco
- Microsoft reveals Xbox One
- blog: Mirror Ball Blog: Dancing with the Stars
- Photos: Dancing with the Stars Finals
- Photos: Most Wanted: Yonkers Police Department
- Crews race to find survivors after Oklahoma...
9 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos