Got Autism? PETA unveils new billboard in NJ
NEWARK -- The animal-rights group People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals has put up a billboard in Newark claiming there is a link between cow's milk and autism.
The group says the billboard shows a bowl of milk and cereal with the tagline "Got Autism?" in imitation of the "Got Milk?" campaign.
The sign also claims that studies have shown a link between cow's milk and autism. The group cites two European studies that link autism to milk consumption and show a link between dairy-free diets and improved autism symptoms.
PETA says it chose to put the billboard by Newark's Prudential Center because a study by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says the city's metropolitan area has one of the highest rates of autism in the country.
The CDC says they have not conducted any studies examining autism and milk.
On the Net:
- London theatre roof collapses; Dozens injured 16 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Secret Sales: Last minute holiday gifts
- Bus accident on Route 3 in Clifton
- Photos: Injuries reported in Clifton, NJ bus accident
- Tax trouble for taxi tycoon?
- City Council passes plastic foam, e-cigarette bills 4 min ago
- 4 juveniles charges in possible knockout attacks
- Human error contributed in delay of Ariel Russo 911 response
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach
- Consumer Reports: Nasty Chicken
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos