Got Autism? PETA unveils new billboard in NJ
NEWARK -- The animal-rights group People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals has put up a billboard in Newark claiming there is a link between cow's milk and autism.
The group says the billboard shows a bowl of milk and cereal with the tagline "Got Autism?" in imitation of the "Got Milk?" campaign.
The sign also claims that studies have shown a link between cow's milk and autism. The group cites two European studies that link autism to milk consumption and show a link between dairy-free diets and improved autism symptoms.
PETA says it chose to put the billboard by Newark's Prudential Center because a study by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says the city's metropolitan area has one of the highest rates of autism in the country.
The CDC says they have not conducted any studies examining autism and milk.
On the Net:
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash 46 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Man retrieving item from tracks hit by subway train
- Sparta crash injures woman and 8-year old son
- NYPD policy revised; officers should take stairs in fire
- Animal activists protest outside Liam Neeson's home
- Another delayed GM recall detailed by new documents
- Weekend subway changes affecting 11 lines
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
46 min ago