Disney wedding gowns for all sizes
NEW YORK (WABC) -- It's the day most women will never forget - the day they walk down the aisle. And no matter what their shape or size, everyone deserves to feel like a princess.
It is a frustrating reality. Ask most full-figured women what their biggest obstacle is when it comes to wedding gowns, and they'll tell you proper fit. Parts of the dress may hit just right, and then others, way off. Now, a new line was specifically made for plus sizes, drawing the focus away from certain areas while highlighting the curves.
Ask any bride, when it comes to wedding gowns.
"Every woman has a part of their body they love to show, and another they love to hide," designer Kirstie Kelly said. "It doesn't matter if they're size 0 or size 30."
One size does not fit all, and for curvy woman, finding the perfect dress can be tricky. But there's hope.
"It really accentuates the waistline and gives everyone a nice, small form," Kelly said, showing off one dress from her "Red Label Collection." "That's good on your wedding day."
As will others in her collection, a line of gorgeous gowns designed specifically for full-figured women.
"One of the things we found is the more voluptuous figures, she loves her curves," Kelly said.
The new pieces are part of Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings. Launched last year, the gowns capture the mood and personality of each Disney princess. One modeled for Cinderella is stylish but sophisticated. The ceremony, of course, would be held in a large cathedral. Jasmine would look devine in her dress. It's Bohemian chic and flowing. The I-dos exchanged outside, most likely at the beach.
The dresses were a huge success, and ladies couldn't get enough during a truck show at Kleinfeld Bridal. But Kirstie discovered something else.
"About a third of our sales were to more voluptuous figures," she said. "We thought we really wanted to sell something specifically to this bride."
She says dreaming up these beauties forced her, as a designer, to think about things in a different way.
"It's gorgeous on a woman, and when the woman is more full-figured, it's even more beautiful," she said. "So we want to open this up and create room and show that area off nicely."
The gowns range in size from 16W to 32W and are competitively priced, starting at about $1,600. On the higher end, they cap off at about $4,000.
For more information, visit DisneyBridal.com.
STORY BY: Eyewitness News reporter Kemberly Richardson
WEB PRODUCED BY: Bill King
- Jersey City main breaks; boil water advisory in effect 15 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 10 hurt when NJ Transit bus, cab collide in Newark
- Photos: Bus, taxi collide in Newark
- Annual 'Pokey,' 'Schleppie' awards for MTA bus service 39 min ago
- Rangel announces run for 23rd term 37 min ago
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach
- US-India relations chilled over diplomat arrest in NYC
- Bronx cell phone store robber caught on camera
- Georgia winner of Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Most Fascinating People of 2013 revealed
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013