Con Ed worker struck and killed
MANHATTAN (WABC) -- A Con Ed worker was struck and killed while getting into his vehicle.
The accident happened at Hester and Grand Streets in Manhattan around 1:40 Friday afternoon.
Police said the 60-year-old worker was struck by a truck that kept going. The worker suffered head trauma and died at the scene.
Police stopped the truck on Grand Street near the BQE. It appears the driver did not know he had hit someone, investigators said.
Con Ed has identified the worker as James Dong of Queens. He worked for Con Edison for 34 years.
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy and cooler 10 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at N.J. shopping center
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Oh my! NYPD's request for cop photos goes awry
- Metro-North to require sleep apnea evaluation
- One dead, another rescued in Long Island fire
- Not so fast! Palcohol not approved by federal government
- Passengers step up to help elderly man in bus brawl
- 13-year-old shooting victim released from hospital
- Hoax sends SWAT teams rushing to Long Beach house
- Brooklyn hit and run suspect identified by police
- AccuWeather: Windy and cooler
10 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos