Con Ed worker struck and killed
MANHATTAN (WABC) -- A Con Ed worker was struck and killed while getting into his vehicle.
The accident happened at Hester and Grand Streets in Manhattan around 1:40 Friday afternoon.
Police said the 60-year-old worker was struck by a truck that kept going. The worker suffered head trauma and died at the scene.
Police stopped the truck on Grand Street near the BQE. It appears the driver did not know he had hit someone, investigators said.
Con Ed has identified the worker as James Dong of Queens. He worked for Con Edison for 34 years.
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy 28 min ago
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Man found shot to death in Bronx apartment
- Squatters flee fire in Paterson; 2 vacant buildings gutted 35 min ago
- Photos: Fire guts 2 vacant Paterson buildings 34 min ago
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight saving time wrong
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act 23 min ago