Looking pretty for less
NEW YORK (WABC) -- We're all looking for ways to save right now, but without giving up some luxuries.
There are plenty of ways in NYC to save on haircuts, manicures, pedicures, and spa treatments.
At the International Beauty School, it looks like a busy salon, but most of the heads are attached to mannequins, but real people can go there too. A haircut and blow dry costs just $12, but its students doing the work.
Walk-ins are welcome, and while you can't choose your stylist, there's a good chance several sets of hands will work on you.
At the Elite Day Spa the Aestheticians have years of experience, but offer low prices. Pedicures and hot stone massages are about two-thirds the price of most salons.
As for waxing, an eye brow wax is $16, a Brazilian bikini wax is $33 dollars. That's less than half the price at most salons.
And finally the Christine Valmy International school where students are studying to become Aestheticians.
To perfect their craft, they need you. Facials are done in a rather clinical group setting, but the more than hour long treatments cost as little as $27.
STORY BY: Eyewitness News reporter Lauren Glassberg
WEB PRODUCED BY: Scott Curkin
- Joe Torre's daughter catches child from awning
- AccuWeather Forecast: More sunshine 18 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Teacher charged with rape of student in the Bronx 44 min ago
- At least 6 hurt when car jumps curb in East Village
- UFT endorses Thompson for NYC mayor 35 min ago
- TWA Flight 800 crash investigators want new probe 11 min ago
- Woman allegedly kicks police dog in teeth
- American Medical Association calling obesity a disease
- Men's Warehouse fires founder/spokesman George Zimmer
- Paula Deen says she used slur but doesn't tolerate hate
- Natura recalls all brands of dry pet food
- Photos: Most endangered historic places
- AccuWeather Forecast: More sunshine
18 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos