Model starts 'raw' beauty line
NEW YORK (WABC) -- It's a new philosophy in skin care that brings new meaning to natural beauty.
It's called Raw Essentials.
You don't often see a model shoving down lots of food, but that's Carol Alt for you.
"I eat like a horse. A race horse and I make no qualms about it," she said.
What she eats is only raw food, such as the kind of food made by Organic Avenue on the Lower East Side.
With a raw food diet, nothing is heated above 115 degrees. The belief is that by keeping the food's molecular and enzymatic structures in tact, a person can reap more health benefits.
Carol's been eating this way for 12 years.
She's written two books about raw food and she doesn't just put her food where her mouth is.
It's only natural that Carol would come out with a skin care line.
If the ingredients include things you don't recognize, don't worry, Carol says it's all from nature and nothing is cooked or heated, just like the food she eats.
Carol believes raw is the future.
She'll have 11 products out by the end of January which will be selling on Home Shopping Network, and at Organic Avenue and perhaps the best way to know her lifestyle works is to look at her.
WEB PRODUCED BY: Scott Curkin
- Nanny identifies new hero after attempted abduction in Chelsea
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man arrested for arson in Water Mill fire
- Dead body found in plastic container in Brooklyn
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- 2 killed in wreck on Southern State identified
- No hearts stolen on date, only NJ woman's dog, TV
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction 54 min ago
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park