Model starts 'raw' beauty line
NEW YORK (WABC) -- It's a new philosophy in skin care that brings new meaning to natural beauty.
It's called Raw Essentials.
You don't often see a model shoving down lots of food, but that's Carol Alt for you.
"I eat like a horse. A race horse and I make no qualms about it," she said.
What she eats is only raw food, such as the kind of food made by Organic Avenue on the Lower East Side.
With a raw food diet, nothing is heated above 115 degrees. The belief is that by keeping the food's molecular and enzymatic structures in tact, a person can reap more health benefits.
Carol's been eating this way for 12 years.
She's written two books about raw food and she doesn't just put her food where her mouth is.
It's only natural that Carol would come out with a skin care line.
If the ingredients include things you don't recognize, don't worry, Carol says it's all from nature and nothing is cooked or heated, just like the food she eats.
Carol believes raw is the future.
She'll have 11 products out by the end of January which will be selling on Home Shopping Network, and at Organic Avenue and perhaps the best way to know her lifestyle works is to look at her.
WEB PRODUCED BY: Scott Curkin
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95 8 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Unseasonably Warm Air
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years 35 min ago
- VIDEO: Obama remembers Mandela 9 min ago
- Reaction to death of Nelson Mandela 2 min ago
- Bill Bratton named next Police Commissioner
- Who is Bill Bratton?
- Photos: Bill Bratton, next NYPD Police Commissioner
- Derailment victim, James Ferrari, laid to rest
- Carteret freight train derailment: Turnpike reopens
- Photos: Hazmat crews respond to Carteret freight...
- Alleged assault of Seton Hall student may be captured on video
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos