Model starts 'raw' beauty line
NEW YORK (WABC) -- It's a new philosophy in skin care that brings new meaning to natural beauty.
It's called Raw Essentials.
You don't often see a model shoving down lots of food, but that's Carol Alt for you.
"I eat like a horse. A race horse and I make no qualms about it," she said.
What she eats is only raw food, such as the kind of food made by Organic Avenue on the Lower East Side.
With a raw food diet, nothing is heated above 115 degrees. The belief is that by keeping the food's molecular and enzymatic structures in tact, a person can reap more health benefits.
Carol's been eating this way for 12 years.
She's written two books about raw food and she doesn't just put her food where her mouth is.
It's only natural that Carol would come out with a skin care line.
If the ingredients include things you don't recognize, don't worry, Carol says it's all from nature and nothing is cooked or heated, just like the food she eats.
Carol believes raw is the future.
She'll have 11 products out by the end of January which will be selling on Home Shopping Network, and at Organic Avenue and perhaps the best way to know her lifestyle works is to look at her.
WEB PRODUCED BY: Scott Curkin
- raw video: New video just after East Harlem Explosion
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder 23 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Workers remove rubble in East Harlem 19 min ago
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- Photos: Several vehicles on fire in New Jersey 44 min ago
- Teen shot, apparently by brother, in Queens
- Long Island cab driver accused of exposing himself to girl
- Westchester animal shelter in danger of collapsing 3 min ago
- Woman steals Dorothy's ruby slippers from SI hotel 54 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from PHL after landing gear collapse
- Majority of debris removed from explosion...
4 min ago
- Residents displaced by explosion search for...
5 min ago
- Workers remove rubble in East Harlem
19 min ago
- Westchester animal shelter in danger of...
3 min ago