FDNY truck collides with MTA bus
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A fire truck and MTA bus collided in the Brownsville section of Brooklyn injuring several people, including firefighters.
A number of those injured, including two firefighters who suffered serious injuries, were being treated at Kings County Hospital.
Ladder 103 had been coming down Mother Gaston Boulevard at 11:00 Tuesday morning, responding to the call of a car fire. The truck collided with the B-15 at the intersection of New Lots Avenue.
Thirty people were injured including one pedestrian. EMS responded and treated six firemen, along with the bus driver, 22 passengers and the pedestrian.
The bus would have smashed a guard booth were it not for large steel poles placed around the front. The bus struck one of them, smashing the front end and sending glass from the windshield flying. One side of the fire truck was also heavily damaged.
local news, tim fleischer
- Demolition underway after NJ fire; Questions linger 39 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze to be laid to rest 34 min ago
- Victim in possible NYC 'knockout game' attack speaks out 1 min ago
- Sketch released of suspect in Queens attempted luring 15 min ago
- Russians, Crimeans discuss referendum on joining Russia 29 min ago
- Obama's warnings brushed aside by Russia's Vladimir Putin 31 min ago
- 2 firefighters injured in Bronx bodega fire
- Search for owner of severely malnourished dog
- FDNY battery giveaway for smoke, CO detectors
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Victim in possible NYC 'knockout game'...
1 min ago
- Firefighters sent to wrong location in...
54 min ago