Mangione musicians die in plane crash
NEW YORK -- A publicist says two members of jazz musician Chuck Mangione's band were among those killed on the plane that crashed into a Buffalo, New York, house.
Publicist Sanford Brokaw identified the band members as Gerry Niewood, 64, of Rochester, N.Y., and Coleman Mellett of Maryland.
Niewood played saxophone and flute and Mellett was a guitarist.
In a statement Mangione said: "I'm in shock over the horrible, heartbreaking tragedy of the crash of Flight 3407, which took the lives of my dear friends and band members. I am grieving and praying with their families and friends."
Mangione and his band were scheduled to perform Friday with the Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra at Kleinhans Music Hall. The concert has been postponed.
NEW YORK AND TRI-STATE AREA NEWS
SEND TIP OR PHOTO || REPORT TYPO || GET WIDGET
EYEWITNESS TWITTER || FIND US ON FACEBOOK
- Designer L'Wren Scott dead in apparent suicide
- AccuWeather: Clearing And Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Company insider comes forward against energy company
- Photos: NYC St. Patrick's Day Parade
- St. Pat's parade proceeds amid tension over gays 23 min ago
- Suspect accused of setting Brooklyn apartment fire 11 min ago
- Rubble cleared, East Harlem blast investigation ramps up 24 min ago
- First lawsuit filed in East Harlem explosion 31 min ago
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Earthquake shakes Los Angeles awake
- Tuesday last day to apply for TCS NYC Marathon
- Photos: Dancing With The Stars Season 18 cast
- St. Pat's parade proceeds amid tension over...
23 min ago
- Rubble cleared, East Harlem blast...
24 min ago