Suspect sought in attempted sex assault
GRAMERCY PARK (WABC) -- Investigators are looking for a man who attempted to sexually assault a woman.
The alleged attack happened on Valentine's Day at 3:35 in the morning.
The suspect followed the 23-year-old woman into a building, and then pushed her to the ground.
A violent struggle ensued where the suspect punched and bit the victim while attempting to remove her underclothing. The suspect forcibly touched the victim.
The suspect gave up his attack and fled the building northbound onto Third Avenue and was seen on videotape on East 20 Street.
The victim was removed to the hospital for evaluation in stable condition.
The suspect is described as an Hispanic man in his 20s, 5'8" (approx), heavy build and clean shaven. He was wearing a black North Face jacket with a striped shirt and blue jeans.
Anyone with information on this case is asked to call the New York City Police Department's Crime Stoppers Hotline at 1-800-577-TIPS.
You can also submit tips by logging onto the Crime stoppers web site at www.nypdcrimestoppers.com or by texting tips to 274637 (crimes) then enter TIP577.
NEW YORK AND TRI-STATE AREA NEWS
SEND TIP OR PHOTO || REPORT TYPO || GET WIDGET
EYEWITNESS TWITTER || FIND US ON FACEBOOK
- LIRR train derails in East River tunnel
- AccuWeather Forecast: Spotty Storm
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Victim of attempted robbery falls out window
- Suspect shot and killed in Newark robbery attempt
- Teacher suspended after alleged sending threatening voicemail
- Passenger arrested after incident on Newark-bound flight
- LI 7-Eleven owners accused of human smuggling
- NYC plans composting program to recycle food scraps
- abcnews: Murnaghans Face Backlash After Sarah's Lung...
- Actor Jeff Garlin won't face vandalism charges in LA
- Photos: Hong Kong-Newark Plane disturbance
- Photos: Miss Connecticut crowned Miss USA
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos