Suspect sought in attempted sex assault
GRAMERCY PARK (WABC) -- Investigators are looking for a man who attempted to sexually assault a woman.
The alleged attack happened on Valentine's Day at 3:35 in the morning.
The suspect followed the 23-year-old woman into a building, and then pushed her to the ground.
A violent struggle ensued where the suspect punched and bit the victim while attempting to remove her underclothing. The suspect forcibly touched the victim.
The suspect gave up his attack and fled the building northbound onto Third Avenue and was seen on videotape on East 20 Street.
The victim was removed to the hospital for evaluation in stable condition.
The suspect is described as an Hispanic man in his 20s, 5'8" (approx), heavy build and clean shaven. He was wearing a black North Face jacket with a striped shirt and blue jeans.
Anyone with information on this case is asked to call the New York City Police Department's Crime Stoppers Hotline at 1-800-577-TIPS.
You can also submit tips by logging onto the Crime stoppers web site at www.nypdcrimestoppers.com or by texting tips to 274637 (crimes) then enter TIP577.
NEW YORK AND TRI-STATE AREA NEWS
SEND TIP OR PHOTO || REPORT TYPO || GET WIDGET
EYEWITNESS TWITTER || FIND US ON FACEBOOK
- Malaysia Airlines plane vanishes with 239 aboard
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos