Building facade collapses in Harlem
HARLEM (WABC) -- The façade of a building under construction has collapsed in Harlem.
It happened shortly after 3:00 p.m. on West 123rd Street.
[GET EYEWITNESS NEWS DELIVERED: Click here to sign up]
Customers in a pizzeria next door were trapped for a short time after the collapse.
Workers were pouring concrete at a construction site when the wall collapsed into the pizzeria next door.
There were people inside the pizzeria briefly trapped inside. They were treated at the scene.
Five construction workers and six other people were taken to a hospital with minor injuries after the wall fell.
Buildings Department spokeswoman Kate Lindquist says engineers are inspecting the 12-story building where construction work was under way
The Buildings Department was also examining the five-story building next door on West 123rd Street.
Lindquist says the stop-work order will remain in effect until it's safe for construction to continue.
MORE NEW YORK AND TRI-STATE AREA NEWS
SEND TIP OR PHOTO || REPORT TYPO || GET WIDGET
EYEWITNESS TWITTER || FIND US ON FACEBOOK
- Metro North: Conn. train outage expected for days 22 min ago
- AccuWeather: Dreary Night
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Hofstra remembers Andrea Rebello at graduation
- Tornado levels homes in Oklahoma City trailer park
- Teen fatally shot on Queens bus identified
- Powerball: 1 winning ticket sold in Florida
- Man falls out window during Broadway show
- 3 wounded after shooting in Bedford-Stuyvesant
- Bruins top Rangers 5-2
- Photos: Tornado rips through Oklahoma
- Photos: Belly landing at Newark Airport
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers