Imus announces he has prostate cancer
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Don Imus announced on his radio show Monday morning that he has stage II prostate cancer.
The 68-year-old Imus made the surprise announcement on his radio show at around 7:30 a.m.
[GET EYEWITNESS NEWS DELIVERED: Click here to sign up]
He told his listeners he has full faith "his doctors will beat it."
He did not say when he was starting treatment.
To learn more about prostate cancer, go to http://www.cancer.org/docroot/CRI/CRI_2x.asp?sitearea=&dt=36.
"The day you find out is fine," he said. "But the next morning when you get up, your knees are shaking. I didn't think I could make it to work."
Wearing black sunglasses and slumped behind his microphone, Imus speculated that the cancer may have come from stress.
Imus works now for the ABC Radio Networks and rural RFD-TV after being fired by CBS Radio and MSNBC in spring 2007 for referring to the Rutgers women's basketball team as "nappy-headed hos."
MORE NEW YORK AND TRI-STATE AREA NEWS
SEND TIP OR PHOTO || REPORT TYPO || GET WIDGET
EYEWITNESS TWITTER || FIND US ON FACEBOOK
- Man shot multiple times in Nassau County
- AccuWeather Forecast: Comfortable
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- At least 6 hurt when car jumps curb in East Village
- Robbery suspect dead in Brooklyn police shooting
- TWA Flight 800 crash investigators want new probe
- Woman allegedly kicks police dog in teeth
- Natura recalls all brands of dry pet food
- Strollers recalled due to wheel blowouts , Kolcraft says
- Vince Flynn, best-selling author, dies
- Slim Whitman, country singer, dies
- Photos: East Village bodega crash
- Photos: Most endangered historic places
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos