New 4-D exhibit at NY Aquarium
NEW YORK (WABC) -- There's a new exhibit at the New York Aquarium that really makes you feel like you're in the ocean.
Beyond 3-D, this 4-D experience relies on all of your senses.
As if gazing into a tank full of fish or watching the penguins isn't enough, the aquarium has a new viewing opportunity.
Just head to the structure, located near the entrance to the aquarium. Then grab a pair of glasses and get ready for a 4-D experience.
On the seats are little nozzles that emit bursts of air and water, even scents, all of which helps what's on the screen come to life.
Under the seat, there's a little wand that pokes at your legs. There are even bubbles to simulate the sea.
The eight-minute film is a compilation of material shot for the BBC Shallow Seas series. The images alone are incredible, but the effects add that extra dimension. And with cutbacks at all of the facilities that fall under the Wildlife Conservation Society, the aquarium's director hopes the 4-D experience brings people in.
For more information on the 3-D film and the aquarium, visit NYAquarium.com.
WEB PRODUCED BY: Bill King
NEW YORK AND TRI-STATE AREA NEWS
local news, lauren glassberg
- Hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery
- Fort Lee students to make up snow days
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Ferry service to resume between Haverstraw, Ossining
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos