Cop taped beating man denies wrongdoing
PASSAIC (WABC) -- A northern New Jersey police officer shown on a videotape beating an unarmed man has denied wrongdoing.
Passaic Police Officer Joseph Rios III said at a news conference Wednesday that he stands by his actions.
Rios is shown on the video throwing Ronnie Holloway against the hood of his police car and flinging the 49-year-old to the ground.
Rios and fellow officer Erica Rivera have been suspended.
A few hundred people met with Mayor Alex Blanco Tuesday night and demanded that Rios be prosecuted.
The incident is under investigation by the Passaic County Prosecutor's Office.
Anthony Iacullo, an attorney representing Rios, says unpublished parts of the video show Holloway threatening Rios.
NEW YORK AND TRI-STATE AREA NEWS
REPORT A TYPO || GET WIDGET
VIDEO: Eyewitness News || VIDEO: ABC News || VIEWER PHOTOS & VIDEOS ||
- Queens third grader fatally struck by truck
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos 37 min ago
- Teen dead, 2 sisters critical in Brooklyn fire 11 min ago
- Bronx fire leaves brothers dead, 3 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Mink coat thieves caught on camera at NYC boutique
- LI nativity theft being investagated as hate crime
- Target data breach leaves customers angry, frustrated
- Friday marks Walcott's last day while schools in session
- Baruch frat involved in hazing death gets lifetime ban
- 9-year-old bowler in Florida tosses perfect 300
- Photos: Staten Island quintuplets through the years