NYC babysitter arrested after child dies
QUEENS (WABC) -- A Queens babysitter faces charges following the death of a young boy.
Police say 28-year-old Krystal Khan was arrested Monday on a charge of endangering the welfare of a child.
Authorities believe 11-month-old James Farrior climbed face-first into a bucket of water inside the Queens facility.
When police arrived, Farrior was in cardiac arrest. He was rushed to Jamaica Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
It happened at a daycare inside a home at 101-27 108th Street in Richmond Hill, Queens.
It was unclear whether the daycare was operating legally, but health officials were investigating. Preliminary information indicated the location may have been considered an informal care arrangement requiring no permit or license, the health department said.
Officials said Khan watched her own 3-year-old son and 4-year-old daughter while taking in others.
Police said charges may be upgraded depending on the cause of death.
An autopsy will be performed Tuesday.
NEW YORK AND TRI-STATE AREA NEWS
- Jersey City main breaks; boil water advisory in effect 34 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 10 hurt when NJ Transit bus, cab collide in Newark
- Photos: Bus, taxi collide in Newark
- Annual 'Pokey,' 'Schleppie' awards for MTA bus service 58 min ago
- Rangel announces run for 23rd term 56 min ago
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach
- US-India relations chilled over diplomat arrest in NYC
- Bronx cell phone store robber caught on camera
- Georgia winner of Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Most Fascinating People of 2013 revealed
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013