NYC babysitter arrested after child dies
QUEENS (WABC) -- A Queens babysitter faces charges following the death of a young boy.
Police say 28-year-old Krystal Khan was arrested Monday on a charge of endangering the welfare of a child.
Authorities believe 11-month-old James Farrior climbed face-first into a bucket of water inside the Queens facility.
When police arrived, Farrior was in cardiac arrest. He was rushed to Jamaica Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
It happened at a daycare inside a home at 101-27 108th Street in Richmond Hill, Queens.
It was unclear whether the daycare was operating legally, but health officials were investigating. Preliminary information indicated the location may have been considered an informal care arrangement requiring no permit or license, the health department said.
Officials said Khan watched her own 3-year-old son and 4-year-old daughter while taking in others.
Police said charges may be upgraded depending on the cause of death.
An autopsy will be performed Tuesday.
NEW YORK AND TRI-STATE AREA NEWS
- I-5 bridge collapses into Skagit River
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain continues
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Actress Amanda Bynes arrested in Midtown
- Heavy rain sparks flash flooding
- Officer arrested in firebombing of captain's home
- Jury deadlocked on Jodi Arias penalty
- Boy attacked by another on city bus, video
- Woman arrested in shooting death of Jersey City boy
- Anthony Weiner starts stumping in mayoral bid
- Rangers stay alive with OT goal against Bruins
- abcnews: 'Extremely Active' Potential For Hurricane...
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma