Vigils held for boy in Brazil
RED BANK, N.J. (WABC) -- At sunset in Red Bank, New Jersey, a moving vigil was held for the little boy at the center of an international custody fight.
The vigil was one of several held around the country for nine-year-old Sean Goldman.
He remains in Brazil and his father, David Goldman, remains locked in a legal battle to bring him home.
Five years ago, Sean's mother took him to Brazil on a vacation and against David's wishes, and never returned.
She died in childbirth nearly a year ago, leaving Sean in the custody of his Brazilian step-father. The case exploded into a high profile dispute.
There have been several legal setbacks in Brazil that have delayed and even raised doubts about the eventual reunion of a father and his son.
David Goldman did not attend the vigil, but his fight is something this community has taken to heart.
David Goldman's supporters say this vigil serves as a reminder that another Father's day is approaching and Sean Goldman still hasn't come home to his Dad.
NEW YORK AND TRI-STATE AREA NEWS
REPORT A TYPO || GET WIDGET
VIDEO: Eyewitness News || VIDEO: ABC News || VIEWER PHOTOS & VIDEOS ||
local news, jeff pegues
- 4 more bodies pulled from rubble in East Harlem 54 min ago
- AccuWeather: Polar Vortex returns for 1 day
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Water main eyed in East Harlem gas explosion
- Photos: East Harlem explosion 1 min ago
- Roof blows off Mount Olive Bed, Bath and Beyond 24 min ago
- High winds damage power lines, Bed, Bath & Beyond store 18 min ago
- Haverstraw condo complex evacuated due to gas leak
- Major delays on NJ Transit after Newark tanker explosion
- Photos: Newark tanker fire
- Surveillance in Upper Manhattan attempted rape
- Alleged drunk driver rams crowd, kills 2 at SXSW in Texas 27 min ago